- 8,750 | 125’x70′
Download PDF Brochure Fly-In Fly-Out One of the only Executive…Read More→
One of the only Executive VIP CAT I & II Airport Hangars at the Boulder Municipal Airport ever for sale, newly built in 2019 and perfect for private jet/aircraft owners. Nestled in the most premier south-west location in the airport with stunning waterfront & mountain views of Hayden Lake, the iconic Flatirons, Boulder Foothills and white capped mountains.
This 4,650 SF executive hangar measures 70’x60’ and can accommodate up to 5 aircraft depending on size. It includes a 30’x15’ 2nd floor mezzanine office flooded with natural light, operable skylight providing ventilation, large picture window and phenomenal Skydeck with panoramic views.
Also one of the only high-performance renewable energy executive airport hangars in the country exempt from energy code requirements due to low energy usage of less than 1 watt/SF. Designed and built with high performance hybrid engineering and technologies to offset the energy load pathways & to be standalone self-sustainable. The building envelope insulation & sound attenuation systems include 10” Insulated Concrete Form walls using recycled materials & radiant in-floor heat.
The 58’x18’ Schweiss hydraulic hangar door features insulated panels and 6 windows (3 operable & 3 fixed). There is an additional 10’x10’ overhead door & 2 personnel doors. The 4,095 SF new structural concrete slab apron was constructed to CDOT spec with 65’ trench drain at apron entrance. Main floor features an ADA bathroom with shower, utility floor sink, 2 interior hot & cold hose bibs. The electrical service is a commercial 480-volt, 3-phase with 400 amps with outlets throughout. Ready with 2 EV (Electric vehicle) charging outlets on the west exterior.
Roughed-in for future Solar PV & thermal, HRV-Geothermal Pre-Heating and Cooling System & Battery Power Back-Up System + other custom upgrades.
FAA Airport improvements planned for Fall 2020 with perimeter security fencing, surveillance cameras, secured entrance, new runway lighting & new asphalt.
Features & Inclusions
- Unmatched Foothills, Flatirons, Waterfront & White Capped Peak Views
- High performance building envelope insulation and sound attenuation systems (see detailing below)
- 450 SF Loft/mezzanine office
- Skydeck off Loft with spectacular mountain, water & Runway 8 observation views.
- Operable skylight at mezzanine for natural light and ventilation
- 6’x6’ Picture window at west wall next to mezzanine for mountain views
- 58’x18’ Schweiss hydraulic hangar door with insulated panels, 6 windows (3 operable & 3 fixed)
- 10’x10’ overhead door with opener
- CAT II Taxiway access for large aircraft to be installed fall/winter 2020 per FAA plans
- 4,095 SF new structural concrete slab apron to CDOT spec
- 65’ trench drain at apron entrance
- 2 Interior hot & cold hose bibs
- ADA bathroom with shower & bench
- 4 LED pathway bay lights
- (2) EV (Electric vehicle) charging outlets at west side parking area, one at north & south ends
- Utility floor sink
- Commercial 480-volt electrical service, 3-phase, 400 amps
- Rough-in underground conduits for low & high voltage
- New fire hydrant within 150 feet
- Fire Suppression System & Fire Alarm with wireless connection to fire department
- Four Hour building fire separation envelope
- Outlets: (2) 240-volt, 50-amp outlets & (10) 120-volt, GFCI (single & double gang).
High Performance Hybrid Renewable Energy Building Systems
- The hangar was designed & built as a Hybrid Renewable Energy project to incorporate several accommodating types of sustainable design practices. Engineering, performance modeling and sizing of each applied system is researched, calculated, & evaluated for optimized high performance with each system enhancing the other in a concert of operations for a standard common goal, “Grid Zero”. These systems apply high performance hybrid engineering and technologies to offset the energy load pathways required by the project and occupants, resulting in standalone self-sustainable “Smart Energy Development”.
- 10” ICF (Insulated Concrete Forms) made from 90% recycled content for all concrete stem walls & above grade load bearing walls & pilasters, providing a 4 hr. fire rating, R-42 insulation value, high performance acoustical values
- Recycled content Concrete Grout, Fly-Ash formulas for the ICF wall systems
- Recycled steel, for structural steel members and roof trusses
- Recycled steel, 4” double wall R-24 insulated pre-finished siding panels
- Recycled steel, 4” double wall R-24 standing seam roofing panels allowing the use of S-5 seam clips for future solar Thermal and Photovoltaic panel power systems
- Insulation exceeds ICC energy regulations by approximately 50%
- In-Floor Radiant Heating is provided by In-Line 100% energy efficient Electro Industries Tank-less Electric Boiler & tubing installed in the ground level in high-performance R-15 min. insulated 6” concrete slab thermo-massing system
- Engineered Heat Zone locations are provided for high performance conditioned lower and upper level control and comfort, digital-therm in-floor sensors are installed for total automation control
- New water, sewer & electrical main services
- Rough-in for future Solar PV & thermal, HRV-Geothermal Pre-Heating and Cooling System & Battery Power Back-Up System, Big Ass Fan & other upgrades
- Parcel Size: 8,750 SF
- Parcel Dimensions: 125’x70’
- SF Total: 4,650
- SF Ground Floor: 4,200
- SF Loft: 450
- Dimensions Hangar: 70’x60’
- Dimensions Loft: 30’x15’
- Max Height: 25’
- Hangar Door: 58’x18’ Schweiss hydraulic
- Airport AirstripAirport Airstrip: 4,200 FT
- CAT II Airport \nCAT II Airport
- CAT II access to Hangar
- Land Lease Period: 30-year with optional 10-year extension
- Land Lease Amount: $906/QTR.
- Annual Taxes: $2,982.82 in 2019
- Year Built: 2019
OPTIONAL UPGRADES & SYSTEMS
Pricing for Labor and Materials are estimates only, exact price subject to change.*
- Solar PV (Photovoltaic) Power System 65Kw: $130,000
The PV Power System is roof mounted and provided through a Power Generation Co-Op offering a roof-top Lease Option pay-back to the new Owner.Option to become a Co-Op energy investment partner is also available.
- Solar Thermal In-Floor Heating & DHW System: $15,000
The Solar Thermal System is roof mounted and is designed to provide back-up pre-heated hot water storage for the In-Floor heating system as well as continuous Domestic Hot Water, a huge Grid Zero energy saver, with 100% efficient electric boiler as secondary back-up.
- Battery Back-Up Energy Storage System: $8,000
The Battery Storage System is offered as an optional Grid Zero energy back-up program providing 3-4-day surplus energy storage for evenings and or low solar output days.
- Hangar Floor Painting w/Concrete Epoxy System: $20,000
Main Hangar and side room floors, an epoxy or concrete stain floor coating system, Color chosen by new Owner.
- Big-Ass Fan: Basic 6 SKU B6-16-S200: $6,945
The Big Ass Fan is designed to assist the In-Floor Heating system in the winter months as well as providing building air circulation for summer cooling options.
- STAR-TEK Lestra High Bay LED Lights: $5,200
13 LED high-intensity bay lights throughout main floor south bay area
- 8,750 | 125’x70′